top of page
Domestic Violence

Forms to apply for a non-molestation or occupation order

Form FL401

Application for a non-molestation or occupation order

You can use the FL401 form to apply for:

  • a non-molestation order, which protects you and any relevant child from abuse or harassment. This order can also prevent someone coming to or near your home

  • an occupation order, where the court decides who should live in, or return to, the home or any part of it

These orders are types of injunction.

There are no court fees for applying. You can apply for either order or both, depending on your situation.

Supporting witness statement

Statement of truth

You must also complete a supporting witness statement. I can help you provide all the information needed by the court. 

If you choose to write your own  statement, it must include the following ‘statement of truth’, along with your signature and the date at the end:

I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. I believe that the facts stated in this form and any continuation sheets are true.

Keep your contact details confidential  in family proceedings

Confidential contact details Form C8

You can use form C8 if you do not want to reveal your contact details in family court proceedings. This includes your address, telephone number, email address and any contact details of children you are responsible for. These details will be kept for use by the court and CAFCASS. They will not be revealed to anyone else, except by order of the court.
Then you must make sure that any form or document, either completed by you now, or at a later date, for use in court does not contain the information you wish to keep private. This includes documents received from other people, for example medical reports or financial statements.

bottom of page