Get a divorce
Fixed Fee Divorce
If you wish to instruct a divorce solicitor to deal with the divorce for you, to prepare and submit the divorce application form for you, then my own fixed fee for this is £360 includes the following:
· Advice in connection with divorce
· Completing the divorce application
· Issuing the divorce at the court
· Applying for the first conditional divorce order (formerly known as Decree Nisi)
· Applying for Final Divorce Order (formerly Decree Absolute)
My fixed fee does not include the Court fee of £593 or any work in connection with financial or children issues. Also, there are some situations not covered by our fixed fee
They include the following:
· Amendments that are required to the divorce application after it is submitted
· Any court hearings that are required, for example disputed costs claims
· The whereabouts of the other party are not known
· Additional applications to the court including dispensing with service, substituted or deemed service
· Obtaining marriage certificate or applying to the court to proceed without a certificate
· The respondent does not complete the acknowledgement of service form and personal service is required
· International elements including issues around which court or country the divorce can or should start in.
Court fee to apply for a divorce
In addtion to the divorce solicitor's fixed fee you will (unless you qualify for a fee exemption or fee reduction), whether or not you instruct a divorce solicitor to apply for a divorce, be responsible for the court fee of £593 fee to apply for the divorce.
Exemption from the court fee of £593
You may be able to claim an exemption from the court fee, depending upon your income and assets, I can advise you about this and claim the exemption from fees for you if submitting the divorce application on your behalf.