top of page
 Financial Remedy Consent Order

Clean Break Consent Order Service

A consent order is a legal document that states to the court how you intend to separate your assets and finances when ending your marriage and is made by agreement.
Obtaining a consent order is the only way divorcing parties can ensure that any agreement reached is legally enforceable, which will then prevent any future claims from being made by both parties.
For a consent order to be made legally binding by a judge, it will need to be drafted by a solicitor or legal professional. I am regulated as solicitor and will explain the basis of my charges for  drafting a financial consent order and making the application for the consent order at the Family Court. 

How do I get a consent order

To get a consent order, you need to have agreed your financial arrangements with your ex. There is  a court fees of £53 to submit an application for a financial consent order. Your consent order should be drafted by a solicitor, experienced in family law.

When to apply for a consent order

You can only apply to the court to approve a consent order, once you have your conditional order (formerly known as the decree absolute),.
Then the consent order comes into effect once the final stage of your divorce, (formerly known as the decree absolute), is sealed by the court.

bottom of page