FIXED FEE DIVORCE
Experienced divorce lawyer acting for you
Fixed Fee Divorce
If you wish to instruct me to deal with the divorce for you, to prepare and submit the petition for you, whether in paper format or online then my fixed price for this is £360 includes the following:
· Advice in connection with divorce including the grounds to commence divorce proceedings and which is the most appropriate in your case.
· Drafting the petition
· Issuing the divorce petition with the court
· Applying for Decree Nisi
· Applying for Decree Absolute
You will be responsible for the court fee, currently £550. Unless you are eligible for an exemption from this. You may be able to claim an exemption from the court fees, depending upon your income and assets, I can advise you about this and claim the exemption from fees for you if submitting the divorce application on your behalf.
If matters can be resolved in an amicable way with your husband or wife, then it may be appropriate to issue the divorce application yourself online using the government online service. However, sometimes dealing with your former partner can be an unpleasant experience. If you have been hurt or injured, if you deal with this yourself you may be open to further manipulation. I can claim your costs from your former partner, and I am here to protect your rights and to fight in your corner.
I can provide you with an initial consultation to see if and how I can help your interests. As mentioned, your case may be appropriate to use the online divorce service. If not call today and schedule a free consultation.
The fixed fee does not include any work in connection with financial or children issues. Also, there are some situations not covered by our fixed fee
They include the following:
· Amendments are required to the divorce petition
· Any court hearings are required for example disputed costs claims
· The whereabouts of the other party are not known
· Additional applications to the court including dispensing with service, substituted or deemed service
· Obtaining duplicate marriage certificate or applying to the court to proceed without a certificate
· The respondent does not complete the acknowledgement of service form and personal service is required
· International elements including issues around which court or country the divorce can or should start in.